Forgot my camara but I had memorable day at the Fiber Farm tour in Edgewood/East Mountain area. Judy Tucker and Lora Kniffin at Prairie Wood Ranch invited me out to be a part of the tour and sell my goat milk soaps and yarn/ finished projects. Sounds like it was a success ALL the way around. It was so fun meeting so many Fiber folks, talking to people about their critters and demonstrating spinning. Also had the chance to help Lora sell one of her goats who I KNOW got a new GREAT home with Laughing Orca Ranch (see link on my Cornerstonenigerians blog). Lisa took home a beautiful blue eyed Mini Mancha who I think will be a real asset to her farm. Can't wait until Lisa is up to her elbows in milk and cheese! Next year I'll remember my camara and take pics of the fiber and all the kids enjoying the baby goats including Judy's new Angora Caleb. So EXCITING!!!!
IF you guessed I was caught red handed dying with Koolaid - you were right!!! Here are a sampling of the beautiful colors of wool my 4 year old and I dyed in our day together. I think we both had a ton of fun and want to do this again. wonder if we could get the 14yo and 10 yo's interested???? Who knows - Buy stock in Koolaid - this won't be our last time - My favorites are the purples and blue/greens. YUMMY!!!!!We dyed Brown Sheep Co wool top, BFL/Cheviot and some mystery wool I was given, and a bit of Terri's Mohair (in cherry red!!!) Can't wait to card and spin this stuff. Oh yeah, did I mention it smells yummy - when we were done, we sat back and had a nice cold glass of ........Cherry Koolaid - perfect end to a perfect fiber day with the kiddo.
I am Finally spinning again - It's been WAAAAAAAY too long so now I"m in a serious creative phase again - there is not enough time in the day. This is 350 (or more really!) yards of 2ply yarn from Silver CVM and Silk dyed in emerald green/Violet and Turqoise. It is for sale but if someone doesn't snap this up I may have to use it in a weaving project it is so pretty. $35.00 +Shipping.
Comments