Taos Wool Festival

This past weekend was Taos Wool Festival, I was able to catch a ride with some of the girls (Terri, Wendy and Myra) from my Bosque Farms fiber posse and the most wonderful chauffeur there is - George, Terri's wonderful hubby. Those of you who visited my blog last year know I came home with a LOT of stuff last year. I scrimped and saved and had the most fun blowing a wad I've ever had. This year, not so much. Between medical bills, loosing my cleaning gig and saving up for some trips I didn't have much to spend and my goal was mostly to get stuff for projects for christmas or for Christmas presents. So off to Taos I went as a tagalong. Okay, so I could not help spending a little bit o money but really - I did good. From top right to bottom left is my new treasure pile: the bag on top left is 40z of BFL roving for spinning called Tapestry - I just love spinning BFL so this was a WANT!!! Next is a 2.5lb cone of ?? tan for warping my loom - I've got a few christmas presents in mind for this and at a whopping $1 per lb. I didn't feel like I'd go over budget on this one!!! Next is the cone of salmon colored perle cotton - a little more expensive but it is for Christmas presents afterall. Underneath is Alpaca roving - felting projects in mind for this - I bought some of 3 different colorways: ?? River Valley, Thin Mints and Fudge (are you seeing a theme here? ) from LonesomeStone Alpacas. LOVE it!
I couldn't help but take pics of some of the critters there as well.
These are the two Pygoras (or Nigoras).

The baby alpacas - oh, if only I could bring one of these precious babies home with me.....(well, actually 2 since they need a buddy-)


And these two woolies I thought were babyAngoras but they had blue eyes so I'm not sure they were purebred but oh the soft fleece these two have - melt!!!
They were so precious I wouldn't have minded loading them up and taking them home. Thanks
girls for letting me tag along and play with you in Taos!!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fiber Farm Tour

Mystery Fiber Day - REVEALED

New Yarn - FINALLY!