Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Busy at Fiber Phanatic!

As you can tell from the pictures I've mostly been in my cave (aka living room) creating like crazy but haven't posted in a while. I was asked to do 4 trophies for the upcoming State Fair Goat Show (donation) so here are the two finished (sans clear coat to protect gourd). I do NOT like how the river turned out using stain so I'm trying to figure out how to fix it. These gourds are carved with Faux stone inlayed and woodburned wording and the goats are woodburned except the inlay.
This is a finished scarf which should be famous now since it hit the Valencia County News-Bulliten Caliente! section which features local artists, musicians, and other interesting stories from in and around the County. I was invited to be in the Never Felt Better Fiber show at Tome Gallery which opens next Friday (now you know why I'm in my cave creating like crazy!!!!) which is featuring Felt Fiber artist from Valencia County. This Nuno Felted scarf is shades of green/yellow and a teal with beautiful beadwork on the ends - I call it Avonlea
Another Nuno Felted Scarf for the show - still needs to be beaded.
This one is called Lollipop

And beading. I wanted to make beaded bracelets for my friend Linda and her two girls to thank them for all the help they gave me during Alyssa's treatments, and for organizing fundraisers and meals for us during her hospitalizations etc. I finished one a long time ago and here are the other two. This one is a turquoise blue with black swarovski crystals at either end. I love the way this one turned out. I sold one just like it recently to a gal in New Hampshire! I think that's the farthest my work has gone.



This is a new pattern I found in the recent issue of Bead and Button and boy does it make a pretty netted cuff. I wish the picture could show the beads upclose! They are a rainbow metallic seed bead that is in triangles and makes almost a wagon wheel pattern. Then I used two Czech firepolish beads in a rosey gold color that matches great!
And that's not all folks.......More to come!







No comments: